Little Book of Big Hair: Volume-Boosting Tips
Hair is often called the “crowning glory”, and for many, voluminous and bouncy locks are a dream come true. Whether you have fine hair looking for an uplift or thick hair aiming for more volume, there are a plethora of tricks up the sleeve. Welcome to the “Little Book of Big Hair”, where we’ll dive into some exciting, effective, and perhaps even surprising volume-boosting tips. Prepare to be amazed!
The Basics: Setting The Foundation Right
- Shampoo Strategically: Always start with a volumizing shampoo. These products are specifically designed to give your roots a lift. Remember to rinse thoroughly; leftover product can weigh your hair down.
- Condition Wisely: If you have fine hair, condition only the ends. Heavy conditioning can flatten the roots. Thick-haired folks can indulge a bit more, but always remember to rinse out the conditioner thoroughly.
Now, here comes a little secret: Natural hair remedies. Think about the wonders that items in your kitchen can do. An occasional apple cider vinegar rinse can eliminate product buildup, letting your hair breathe and stand tall. Remember, nature often knows best.
Heat-Styling: With A Twist
- Blow-Drying: For that salon-like volume, flip your head upside down while blow-drying. It’s a simple trick, but it works wonders! Ensure you use a round brush to lift the roots, directing the hot air to the roots and then outwards for maximum volume.
- Use Rollers: Rollers aren’t a relic of the past. They’re an excellent tool for creating big, bouncy curls. Invest in large Velcro rollers. After blow-drying, roll sections of your hair and let it cool. The results? Stunning volume.
- Curling Iron: If you’re in a hurry, a curling iron can come in handy. Curls automatically add volume to your hair. Always curl away from the face and let the curls set before running fingers through them.
Texturizing: The Secret Sauce
- Texturizing Sprays: These sprays are magic in a bottle. Spray it on the roots and then scrunch. The result? A messy, beachy volume that looks oh-so-natural.
- Dry Shampoo: Not just for days you skip washing! A spritz of dry shampoo can add volume. Spray it onto the roots and massage. You’ll not only refresh your hair but also add instant volume.
- Tease With Care: Teasing or backcombing can give an incredible lift. Hold a section of hair straight up, then using a fine-toothed comb, gently push the hair downwards towards the scalp. However, don’t overdo it as it can lead to breakages.
Maintaining The Volume: Long-Term Tips
- Haircuts: Regular trims and the right haircut can boost volume. Layers can make your hair look fuller. Discuss with your stylist about the best volumizing cuts for your hair type.
- Healthy Diet: Yes, what you eat impacts your hair. Protein-rich foods like eggs, fish, and nuts can strengthen hair and promote growth. Vitamins, especially biotin, are essential for hair health.
- Avoid Product Buildup: Over time, products can accumulate on your scalp, weighing your hair down. Once in a while, use a clarifying shampoo or the mentioned natural remedies to remove the buildup.
Your journey to big, voluminous hair is a mix of the right products, techniques, and a little bit of patience. Each hair type is unique, so it might take some experimentation to find out what works best for you. But once you crack the code, the sky (or in this case, your hair) is the limit.
Remember, at the heart of great hair is confidence. So, wear your hair proudly, and let it bounce with every step you take. Welcome to the world of big hair!
Come join us on Instagram, for daily wanderlust- @kelanabykayla